Thank you for registering for the Amazing Race Jackson! We are excited to be hosting this event for the 5th year and so excited you will be joining us.
Race Day Schedule
Please arrive to Horace Blackman Park between 11:00a. and 12:30p. to check-in at the orange tent. All racers must be checked in prior to 12:30p. (it takes about 15 minutes to get checked-in).
At 12:35p. we will take our all racer photo and begin the racer debrief meeting.
The race will begin at 1:00p.
All stops will shut down at 6:00p. and racers should return to Horace Blackman Park whether you have completed the race or not.
The After Party will start at 7:00p. this year. See below for more details.
Rules & Waiver
Linked below are the race rules and liability waiver you will be required to sign when you check-in on race day. Please read them prior to arriving to ensure speedy check-in.
Each year we give out cash prizes to the 1st ($500), 2nd ($300), and 3rd ($100) place teams in both the category of fastest time and most points collected. Prizes will be announced at the After Party between 8:00p. and 8:30p.
The route is top secret so we can't give you too many details about where you will be going on race day. What we can tell you is that the race will begin and end at Horace Blackman Park in Downtown Jackson. We encourage you to invite family and friends to watch the start of the race and then attend the After Party to celebrate the finish.
What to Bring on Race Day
- Each team member will need a bike and helmet (we no longer provide bikes/helmets so you must make your own arrangements).
- You will receive a backpack to carry with you throughout the race.
- We will provide water and some snacks along the route, but you may want to bring your own too.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will be getting a work out. Don't hesitate to express your team's style through your clothes. We encourage teams to show off their team spirit.
- Cell phones. We do allow the use of cell phones unless clues indicate otherwise. Make sure yours is fully charged when you start the race. You may also want to bring a charger, just in case.
We have opportunities to earn points prior to the race. In fact, just for registering early, you have already started to earn points. Here are some other ways to earn points...
Bring in a sponsor [Points Vary]: If you recruit a sponsor for the event, you will receive points based on the level of their sponsorship. Check out the
of his website for sponsorship details or you can pick up printed brochures from our office (761 W. Michigan Ave.) during regular business hours.
- Race Sponsor $2,500 = 10 points
- Event Sponsor $1,000 = 8 points
- Course Sponsor $500 = 6 points
- Stop Sponsor $200 = 4 points
- Team Sponsor $150 = 3 points
- Spring Sponsor $75 = 2 points
- Spree Sponsor $30 = 1 point
- Enlist Volunteers [2 points per 2-hour shift]: This event takes a lot of man-power. If you know someone that is interested in volunteering have them complete our online form and make sure they mention your name or team name.
- Racer Mixer [2 points per team member]: Every year we have a little get together prior to the race so you can get to know other racers and have any questions you have answered. This year we will be meeting at Junkyard Dog 6:30p.-8:30p. on August 8th. This will be very casual, drinks and food are on your own. You get the points just for dropping by and hanging out with us.
Pre-Race Point Spree
[1 point per sponsor per team]: Starting July 31st, you can visit our sponsors' businesses and earn a point. When you visit the business, you will need to collect something with the sponsor's name or logo. Check out our
official sponsor list
or follow our
for the most up-to-date sponsors.
- NEW THIS YEAR - Social Media Check-in for bonus points
For the sponsors that are marked with a Facebook "FB" next to their name, you can earn 2 extra bonus points when you follow these steps...
- Take a selfie with their business sign in the picture.
- Post the picture to Facebook and tag Amazing Race Jackson
- Also, be sure to "check-in" at the business in the post
- Points on Race Day [Points vary]: On race day you will have plenty of opportunities to earn points in a wide variety of ways. We will explain more at the beginning of the race.
Social Media - New this year!!
We are going to be doing more with Instagram during the race this year. Please be sure you have an Instagram account and let us know what your handle is. If you are new to Instagram, make sure you practice prior to race day. We will give you more details on race day! Follow Amazing Race Jackson.
VIEW THE LATEST EMAIL SENT TO RACERS
Have other questions?